Brainerd History Week Set for Aug 9-12, 2018
Showcasing the Mississippi River and West Brainerd
The City of Brainerd is nearly 150 years old and since 2014 there has been a concerted effort to celebrate its rich and unique history. Locals and visitors alike are encouarged to participate in the week-long celebration Aug. 9-12.
The schedule of events includes:
- Thursday, Aug. 9, will be Northern Pacific Center day, which will feature all its events around the NP Center such as guided tours and rail-related events.
- Friday, Aug. 10, will be Mississippi River and West Brainerd Day, which will feature downtown and river walks, as well as the CLC anniversary events.
- Saturday, Aug. 11, will be Crow Wing and Pioneers Day, which will feature a highly anticipated community bike ride and exhibitions on the history of the county.
- Saturday, Aug. 11, at 10:30 a.m., will be the Evergree Cemetery History Walk showcasing the graves of World War I veterans and victims of the 1918 Spanish flu epidemic.
- Sunday, Aug. 12, will be Lum Park Day, which will feature a historical treasure hunts and stories, both events for kids, as well as the Brainerd Ski Loons water show.