Brainerd is Minnesota’s 4th of July Capitol
Brainerd's 4th of July Festivities Plus Activities All Around the Brainerd Lakes Area
Brainerd is Minnesota's Playground and 4th of July Capitol. There are dozens of activities being held in the Brainerd Lakes Area and there is something for everyone to enjoy.
Thursday, June 21
- Little Miss & Mister 4th of July Pageant, Westgate Mall, 1 pm—This fun event is open to all children between the ages of 4-8 years of age. The first 40 children to register will compete for a crown and a chance to ride in the 4th of July parade. Other public appearances are offered but are not mandatory. Is your little one well spoken? They will get a chance to speak to the crowd and judges while answering questions on stage as we get to know them. Every child planning to participate in the 19th Annual Little Miss and Mister must be pre-registered. We are only taking 40 contestants, so get your entry form in early!
Friday–Sunday, June 29–July 1
- Brainerd International Raceway is hostiing the 32nd Annual PleasureLand RV Show & Go—a great Fourth of July tradition. Offering fans a chance to see ridiculous head-to-head drag racing action as well as wide-open wheel-to-wheel racing on the road course. The event also includes a classic car show, fireworks, camping and live music.
Sunday, July 1
- Arts in the Park, Gregory Park, 10 am – 4 pm—AIP is widely known and respected as one of central Minnesota's finest arts presentations. Artists are individually juried into AIP to ensure the highest possible quality of wares. Guests and artists alike will find some new art elements, as well as some old favorites. Whether it is a favorite artist or even your favorite snack offered by our food vendors, AIP has something for everyone. We are thrilled to offer local musicians to the event this year. Bring your lawn chair and enjoy the musical talents of Ukulili, Singlespeed and Almost Blue throughout the day.
Monday, July 2
- Fireworks at Grand View Lodge, Dusk—Fireworks show at The Pines golf course; public is welcome.
Tuesday, July 3
- Nisswa Freedom Days—A day filled with fun activities including turtle races, family fun, food, shopping, and a GRAND parade which starts at 7 pm. Check for a complete schedule of events HERE.
Tuesday–Wednesday, July 3–4
- Stars and Stripes Days, Pequot Lakes, 5pm–Dusk—Food vendors, beer garden, bean bag toss tournament, live music, kids activities, parade and fireworks at dusk. Check for a complete schedule of events HERE.
Wednesday, July 4
- Parade, Downtown Brainerd, 4pm—Thousands of people gather as spectators to enjoy the annual 4th of July Parade. The parade starts at 4 pm and starts near Kiwanis Park, travels north on East River Road to Laurel Street. Then heads East to South 5th Street. It continues to travel south, back to College Drive. Because of the parade, some roads will be closed. We appreciate your patience as we host this community event.
- Live Music by SFO, Don Adamson Field at Brainerd High School, 6:30pm—Salute to Kansas and Foreigner/A Tribute to Journey; Journey is arguably one of the greatest bands in the history of Rock music. With iconic hits like “Separate Ways,” “Open Arms,” “Don’t Stop Believing,” and “Faithfully,” the music of Journey has been enjoyed by millions of fans for over 3 decades. Now you can enjoy all the Journey songs you loved, in a concert like performance by one of the best Journey Tributes in the United States.With stunning ability to emulate the incredible vocals of Steve Perry, lead singer, Gabe Jacobs delivers a powerful performance from the very first note of the show all the way to the last note of the final encore. The rest of the band is made up of some of the best musicians from Nashville, Florida and the Midwest, many who have played and or recorded with some of the biggest names in the music industry. If you love the music of Journey, “SFO” – A Journey Tribute is exactly what you have been waiting for! They will be on stage from 8-10 pm. Kansas and Foreigner tunes will be sung from 6:30-7:30.
- National Anthem, Don Adamson Field at Brainerd High School, 10pm—Sung by Brainerd resident, Amanda Nieuwsma.
- Fireworks, Don Adamson Field at Brainerd High School, 10:15 pm—There’s only one thing America loves more than America: FIREWORKS! Many cities compete for the honor of having the best 4th of July fireworks in the USA, but we think that Brainerd’s are the best! Flashing Thunder Fireworks take the art of pyrotechnics to a whole new level by using the most state of the art electronic firing equipment. Be sure to tune in to B93.3 as these fireworks will be synchronized to music!
- Other communites with fireworks on the 4th of July include: Crosby at Serpent Lake, Garrison on Garrison Bay, Hackensack and Longville on Girl Lake.
Friday–Saturday, July 6–7
- Iconic Fest—An annual two-day outdoor music festival featuring iconic artists of 1970's through the 1990's. Headliners for this year are Mark Chestnut and The Bellamy Brothers. It's held at The Green Lantern which is 9 miles east of Brainerd, MN, on Highway 18.
Saturday, July 7
- Crosslake Celebrates America, Sand Island on Cross Lake, Dusk—Breathtaking fireworks show.